10 Most Common Content Marketing Questions: Real-World Insights for Enterprise Marketers
By Michele Linn
At CMI, we get a lot of them, and we answer them in blog posts, interviews, one-on-one conversations, etc.
We (still) are often asked what content marketing is, how brands truly find success, and how to get started.
We field a lot of questions about how to generate leads with content marketing, but our answer isn’t focused on leads — it’s about the real value in building a subscriber.
Now, we’ve pulled together the answers in an e-book, 10 Most Common Content Marketing Questions: Real-World Insights for Enterprise Marketers. Below is a sampling of some answers. To read the more detailed answers to all 10 questions — along with examples from companies thriving in content marketing — check out the e-book, which covers:
- Why are companies using content marketing? What are the benefits?
- How do we convince the management team that content marketing works?
- How long will it take to see positive results from the program?
- Our company wants to bring in more sales leads. How can content marketing help us do that?
- What are the best ways to build an audience with content?
- How do we measure the effectiveness of content marketing?
- Why are some companies successful with content marketing while others are not?
- How do we determine whether the company should buy or build a content platform?
- What’s the content marketing technology stack, and how do we build it?
- Our organization is new to content marketing — where do we start?
Even if you already know the answers, you can use the e-book as your go-to resource for co-workers, managers, and industry peers who may be asking questions. Sometimes, it just takes the same answer said in a different way or from an independent third party — or repeated for the eighth time — to make an impact.
As a quick note, while these questions have been asked by marketers at brands, anyone in content marketing can benefit from the answers.
Now for a glimpse at four of the 10 questions.
Why are companies using content marketing? What are the benefits?
Content marketing is the process to provide truly relevant and useful information to your prospects and customers to help them address important challenges. This is different than traditional marketing efforts like sales collateral and other product-specific information. Content marketing includes things like educational articles, e-books, videos, and webinars that answer specific questions people have.
By becoming a credible, authoritative resource on topics that matter to potential customers, your business is more likely to get discovered by the right audience and earn their loyalty and trust — which, in turn, enables your brand to strengthen its customer relationships, grow an active and engaged subscriber base, and even increase its profits.
Download the e-book to get the key reasons people use content marketing with an example of each.
Be a credible, authoritative source on topics that matter to your customers, says @MicheleLinn.
Click To Tweet
How do I convince my management team that content marketing works?
Many people want to know how to prove content marketing is more effective than a direct approach, such as …read more
Read more here:: contentmarketinginstitute.com