Just because email is a digital marketing stalwart doesn’t mean it’s standing still. In fact, email in 2017 is finding its place as a foundational part of the growing martech ecosystem. And it’s gaining in utility and complexity through software innovations from players like Apple, with its iOS upgrades, and Google, with its changes to Gmail and Google Wallet.
But the Marketing Land audience knows that fundamentals are still of great importance, and this year they gobbled up content about growing your email marketing list (without resorting to shortcuts) sending an email blast without getting blacklisted and successfully crafting a cold outreach email. In addition, our columnists shared a variety of tips for upping your email marketing game, highlighting brands doing it right and explaining the impact of things like ALT tags, dynamic content, retina-optimized images and animated GIFs.
If you missed some of this content when it was first published, be sure to check out our top 10 email marketing columns of 2017. You’re sure to come away with ideas for getting more out of your email marketing program, either by growing your lists or getting more response from every message sent.
- Why email is taking center stage in marketing innovation by Jason Warnock, published on 3/9/2017.
- 7 easy wins to add to your email marketing to-do list by Chad White, published on 1/24/2017.
- Email shines even brighter with Gmail and Google Wallet by Matt McGowan, published on 4/13/2017.
- 12 email marketing fundamentals to master by Mary Wallace, published on 5/24/2017.
- What email marketers should know about iOS 11 by Kyle Henderick, published on 10/10/2017.
- 5 tips for sending an email blast without getting blacklisted by Scott Heimes, published on 2/23/2017.
- How to grow your email marketing list without resorting to shortcuts by Scott Heimes, published on 6/6/2017.
- 3 reasons I deleted your cold outreach email by Andrea Lehr, published on 8/31/2017.
- 3 brands that do email marketing right by Len Shneyder, published on 4/6/2017.
- 4 ways to win the inbox in 2017 by Cynthia Price, published on 1/11/2017.
Read more here:: marketingland-email