What 777,367,063 Facebook Posts Tell Us About Successful Content in 2019 (New Research)
By Brian Peters
Facebook marketing in 2019 isn’t dead. On the contrary, it’s far from it.
Now removed from the dim outlook that businesses faced at the beginning of 2018, Facebook has and will remain an essential tool for brands’ marketing strategies moving forward.
In our upcoming State of Social Media 2019 Report (releasing January 16th) we found that 93.7 percent of businesses use and are currently active on Facebook — the most among any other social media network.
And although we continue to see a dramatic rise in the usage and effectiveness of Stories content, traditional posts in the Facebook News Feed offer a powerful outlet for brands looking to generate engagement and traffic.
Which is why we asked our friends at BuzzSumo to help us put together a massive data set looking at the top Facebook posts over the past year. In total, we dwindled down more than 777 million posts to 500 of the most popular, according to total engagements. The top 500 Facebook posts represent more than one billion engagements across Facebook.
Today we’re excited to share everything we learned about the most successful posts to help guide your Facebook marketing strategy in 2019.
Table of Contents
- Key takeaways from 777 million Facebook posts
- Video performs better than all other types of Facebook posts
- The most common reactions to top Facebook video posts are LOVE and HAHA
- Inspirational, funny, and practical content generates the most engagement
- Four examples of the year’s most successful Facebook posts
- The Norfolk Police Department (Humanizing your brand)
- Brainy Crafts (Hacking your way into people’s hearts)
- Strive Masiyiwa (Rise of the active CEO on social media)
- Funniest Family Moments (Curating the best content from around the web)
- Incorporating these learnings into your Facebook strategy
- Consider your own behavior and posting habits on social media
- Create content for Facebook that is both human and story-forward
- Play the long game by focusing on building an engaged community
Key takeaways from 777 million Facebook posts
BuzzSumo has access to some of the world’s most robust Facebook data, which powers lots of incredible research studies like this one where we analyzed content from 20,000 influential Facebook Business Pages.
They’re also the company behind one of my personal favorites, The 2019 Ultimate Guide to Facebook Engagement, an annual report that analyzes everything you need to know about the tactical side of Facebook marketing.
Needless to say, their product offers some eye-opening insights into the world of Facebook marketing.
Key takeaway #1: Video performs better than all other types of Facebook posts
When it comes to taking your Facebook strategy to the next level, there is no better way to do so than through the use of video content.
On average, video posts on Facebook get at least 59 percent more engagement than other post types.
In fact, when looking at what types of content made up the top 500 Facebook posts of 2018, more than 81 percent were videos!
Images only accounted for 18 percent of the top posts, while Links made up a …read more
Read more here:: B2CMarketingInsider