Activate your SunTrust Credit Card and Choose from a Variety of Options:
SunTrust Banks, Inc. was an American Bank holding company, and SunTrust Bank was its largest subsidiary. The corporate parent of the bank was established in the year 1891 having its headquarters in Atlanta.
SunTrust Bank has merged with Bank BB&T and has created a new bank known as Trust in 2019, and is now the seventh-largest bank in the United States. SunTrust Bank is still operating as an individual bank even after being merged.
What are the benefits that you can have from SunTrust Bank:
- They allow their cards to be linked with different forms of payment options like Samsung Pay, Apple Pay, etc. thus allowing their customers to go for contactless payment.
- The customers are offered different cashback from their credit and debit cards, and if they own the rewards credit card from SunTrust, then they can increase the level of cashback deposited in their account by 10% received from the former cards.
- They have an online app for the customers that are available on Android and iOS that gives you a great range of services, and also includes mobile alert. The text message is also applicable for several services.
- They also provide CD terms that range from six months to 24 months. The minimum deposit you need to make for opening a CD is $2000.
- There are a total of 2000 SunTrust ATMs provided to the customers and the cash can be drawn from 2400 BB&T ATMs with no fees.
The other factors:
- Though the SunTrust Bank is the seventh-largest, limiting its location to only 10 states in the U.S. and the District of Columbia.
- All the interest rates are based on your Zip Code, so it will be better to call the bank for the interests.
- The interest rates are low as compared to the other banks.
The types of credit cards provided by the SunTrust Bank:
- SunTrust Secured Credit Card – this card is for the ones who want to increase their credit score or rebuild their credit scores.
- SunTrust Cash Rewards Credit Card – this card doesn’t need any annual fee, and the customers can get rewards of about 2% unlimited cash back on gas and groceries and 1% unlimited cashback on other purchases that are recognized by the bank.
- SunTrust Travel Rewards Credit Card – this card has no annual fee maintenance which is only applicable for the first 12 months, thereafter you need to pay $89 per year. This card can give you 3% unlimited cashback on travel purchases, 2% unlimited cashback on qualified dining, and 1% unlimited cash on other qualified purchases.
- SunTrust Prime Rewards Credit Card – this is absolutely a no annual fee card, which gives you an APR for three years at the prime rate within the first 60 days of opening the account.
Activating the SunTrust Credit card:
Through online mode:
- Visit the official website of SunTrust Credit Card activation or you can go to the site following the link https://www.suntrust.com/.
- Then you need to login giving your USER ID and Password, and click on the Sign-On
- Then on the next page, you need to go to the Manage section, and from there go to the Activate Card, or directly go to suntrust.com/activatemycard page
- Now you need to select the card from the given options – Credit or Debit.
- Now, enter all the credentials that include your SunTrust Card Number, CVV code, CVC – 2 Number, etc.
- Now, you have to provide your general ID proof details.
- After all the details are entered, then click on the Continue button, and the activation process will be completed.
- Over phone
- If you want to activate your credit card over a phone call, then you have to make a call on the number 1-800-337-1140.
- After you are contacted, you need to select the language.
- Then provide all your personal details like full name, date of birth, full address, etc.
- After you have completed giving all your personal credentials, now you need to give your 16 digits SunTrust Credit Card number, you card CVV and Card Type.
- After all the above work is done, you will then be notified that your card has been activated.
- There is also a third option to activate your card though the mobile app that runs on both the iOS and Android.
This article provides you with all the benefits, types of credit cards, and activation processes of the cards. If you face any problem while following the guidelines, you can always contact them on the number 1-800-786-8787, which is an automated system available for 24 hours. On the website you will be having a number of options on the Help Center and a lot of FAQs which can further guide you with your queries.