The American Airlines, Inc. is a U.S. based airline and is the world’s largest airline when it is according to the fleet size. It was founded in the year 1926 and is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, within the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. According to 2019, the airline handles passengers more than 200 million annually.
In this article we will take a look at the guidelines for the activation of the Aviator MasterCard, but before that we will take a look at the credit cards offered by the American Airlines, so that it would be easy for you to choose.
Given below are some are some of the best cards offered by American Airlines:
- Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite MasterCard – this card comes with an annual maintenance of $99, which is not necessary for the first 12 months and has a regular APR of 16.24%-25.24%. On making purchases for $2,500 on the first three months, you can earn 50,000 bonus miles. You can earn 2 AAdvantage mile for every $1 spent each time on gas stations and making purchases from the American Airlines. You can also get a discount of $125 if you are spending $20,000 or more in purchases during the year of your card membership and you renew it.
- American Airlines AAdvantage MileUp Card – this card requires no annual maintenance and has the same APR like the above. You will be able to earn 10,000 American Airlines AAddvantage bonus miles and a $50 statement credit after you have made purchases of $500 within the first three months of the account opening. Whenever you spent $1 on grocery stores and grocery delivery services, you will earn 2 AAdvantage miles.
- Citi/AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard – this card comes with an annual fee of $450, ad has the same APR. You can earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles after you have made purchases of $5,000 within the first three months of your account opening. You are to receive global entry or TSA Pre application fee credit of up to $100 every 5 years.
- AAdvantage Aviator Silver MasterCard – this card comes with annual maintenance of $199, and it has no APR. When you spend $1 on making purchases from the American Airlines, then you can earn 3X AAdvantage miles. On spending $1 on hotels and car rentals, you can earn 2X AAdvantage miles and 1Xon all other purchases.
- AAdvantage Aviator Red MasterCard – this card comes with an annual fee of $99, and has a regular APR of 15.99%, 19.99% or 24.99%. You will be able to earn 60,000 AAdvantage bonus miles after you have made your first purchase and have paid the annual fee within the first 90 days of the account opening. You can earn 2X on spending $1 on American Airlines purchases and 1X on other purchases. When you make inflight Wi-Fi purchases each year on American Airlines operated flights, then you can get back up to $25 as statement credit.
- CitiBusiness /AAdvantage Platinum Select MasterCard – this card comes with an annual maintenance of $99 which is waived for the first 12 months. This card is designed for business and you can earn 65,000 American AAdvantage Airlines bonus miles after you have made purchases of $4,000 within the first four months of account opening.
Guidelines for Activate Aviator MasterCard Online:
- First, you have to go to the activation site from the mobile or laptop using the web address aviatormastercard.com/activate
- Then on the page, you have to click on the Activate My Card.
- Then you are directed to the next page, where you have to fill out the form stating the last four digits of the Social Security Number, date of birth, account number, security code, occupation, and the status of your citizenship.
- Once you are done, then you have to click on the Continue
- Then you might have to follow the further prompts if any.
- After the card is activated, you can start your payments from then.
Create Account for American Airlines AAdvantage Card Online:
- First you have to launch the web browser of the mobile or laptop and then go to the American Airlines website.
- You have to click on the Join AAdvantage within the login area.
- Then you have to enter the personal information like the name, birth date, gender, address, email address and phone number.
- Then you also have to give the answers to the preferences of your travel i.e. what kind of seat you prefer, or whether it is home airport. You can also try giving them the details so that you can get the alert.
- Then you have to enter the security details, like the username, password and 3 security questions. This is important, because if you forget the login credentials, this might help you for retrieving them. You don’t have to do all this if you have TSA PreCheck or Global Entry, you can just enter your membership on the secure Traveler.
- Now, you just have to attach the AAdvantage member number to the American airlines flight and you can start earning points.
Payments for the American Airlines AAdvantage Credit card bill:
To make the payments you first have to login to the account, and this can be done through the Citi and the Barclays.
- Online – if you want to make payment through the Citi, then you have to login to the account, then you have to click on Make a Payment, and then you can pay the bill.
If you are doing it through the Barclays, then you have to login and hit the Pay your bill option.
- By phone – you have to call on the Citi number 1-800-950-5114 or you may call on the number for the Barclay’s at 877-523-0478.
- Mail – you can also send a mail, where you have to send a check or money order and have to mention the account number on the page to the address
P.O. Box 9001037
Louisville KY, 40290-1037
P.O. Box 60517
City of Industry, CA 91716-0517
Remember, don’t send any cash, and try to take some time beforehand and send the payment, since the check might take time to reach.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Q. What will be the valuation of 60,000 AAdvantage miles?
Ans. According to the recent estimates of the TPG’s, the 60,000 AAdvantage miles worth $840.
- Q. How will I be able to get my AAdvantage card?
Ans. You have to download the American Airlines app, and then you have to print it at aa.com/youraccount. One thing to keep in mind is that the AAdvantage status membership cards cannot be printed.
- Q. When will be the miles be credited to my account?
Ans. If you are gaining the miles through travels, then you will get the miles within 1-3 days to your account from the date of your travel. It would take up to 15 days, if the miles are credited from the other AAdvantage partner airlines.
The miles earned form the other partner transactions will be credited within 30 days generally. It might take longer to post occasionally.
- Q. How will I be able to keep my miles from getting expired?
Ans. The expiry of miles occur within 24 months, from the date of qualifying. To protect them, you have to earn points within 24 months, then it would be extended to the next 24 months from the date of the most recent qualifying activity.
In this article, we have discussed about the activation of the Aviator MasterCard and you can follow the steps to activate the card of you have got one.
If you are facing any problem with the card, you can always make a call on the number 800-733-2654- from Monday to Friday from 8am to 7pm. For the other locations, you can call on the number 423-477-6512 (charges may be applied). If you have any queries, then you can also mail them at the address American Airlines Credit Card, P.O. Box 6403, Sioux Falls, SD 57117-6403.
If your card gets stolen or lost, then you can make a call on the number 1-866-928-3075.